60 new COVID-19 cases reported for Juneau
The Alaska Department of Health and Social Services reports 60 new individuals in the Juneau community – 58 residents and two nonresidents – identified with COVID-19 for September 16. There are currently eight people with COVID-19 hospitalized at Bartlett Regional Hospital.
The Juneau School District reports 12 individuals who’ve tested positive for COVID-19 and were infectious while in school:
- Six at Mendenhall River Community School (two classrooms quarantined)
- Two at Juneau-Douglas High School: Yadaa.at Kalé (all classes operating on regular schedules)
- Two at Thunder Mountain High School (all classes operating on regular schedules)
- One at Dzantik’i Heeni Middle School (all classes operating on regular schedules)
- One at Sayéik: Gastineau Elementary (one classroom quarantined)
Statewide, the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services reports 1,053 new people identified with COVID-19 – 1,027 are residents and 26 are nonresidents. Alaska has had 95,132 cumulative resident cases of COVID-19 and a total of 4,340 nonresidents.