A selection of Frequently Asked Questions regarding the proposed construction of a New City Hall facility is now available online at https://juneau.org/engineering-public-works/new-city-hall.
Voters will be asked this fall to decide on a $35 million bond to design and construct a New City Hall on city property at 450 Whittier Street in the Aak’w Village District. The purpose of this FAQ is to answer questions the City and Borough of Juneau has received about the proposed project. Topics include:
- How much does the project cost?
- What effect will it have on my property taxes if this bond is approved?
- Where do CBJ employees work now?
- What is the condition of the current City Hall?
- What does CBJ pay to rent its current office space?
- How did you land on 450 Whitter Street as the preferred site?
- What about Walmart?
- What would happen to the vacated downtown office space?
- Where would people park at New City Hall?
- How has the public been involved in this project?
- How big will a new City Hall be?
This FAQ is intended to provide the public with neutral and factual information about a proposed public works project and does not seek to advocate for or against any electoral action.