Special Assembly Meeting Tuesday, March 31
The City and Borough of Juneau Assembly is having a Special Assembly meeting on Tuesday, March 31 at 6 p.m. Agenda items include COVID-19 Update and Actions, and an emergency appropriation resolution appropriating $3,000,000 to the Manager for small business loans administered by the Juneau Economic Development Council related to COVID-19. Read the full agenda packet.
In order to reduce the number of persons in the Assembly Chambers, the public may only participate telephonically. Members of the public wishing to call in to testify can dial 907-463-5043 up to 15-minutes prior the beginning of the meeting.
- Callers will hear a message stating they have reached the Alaska Legislative Teleconference System and to stay on the line until they can be assisted by an operator.
- Operators will ask the caller to identify their Name, the meeting they are calling for and the agenda topic(s) they are calling about. The caller should provide their name, inform the operator that they are calling in for the CBJ Assembly meeting and identify the topic(s) they wish to testify on or that they are calling to listen only.
- Public lines will be muted by default but will be unmuted by CBJ staff when it is that individual’s turn to testify.
- The Mayor will determine the amount of time allotted to each person based on the number of individuals who are requesting to testify. The Clerk will introduce the speaker, inform them of the amount of time they have to testify, and identity of the next speakers in line so they can be ready to testify.
- Following each caller’s testimony, the Mayor will ask the caller to stay on the phone to be able to answer any questions from Assemblymembers.
- Depending on phone call volume, the Clerk may just place the caller on “mute” following their testimony so they can continue to listen in via the teleconference line. However, callers may be disconnected from the call following their testimony if the number of callers exceeds the number of lines available.
- Once public testimony has been closed, all callers connected to the meeting will be place on “mute” for listening purposes only.
At this time, the meetings will be on Facebook Live on CBJ’s Facebook page. KTOO will broadcast the meeting on 104.3 FM. Please note that CBJ Offices will be closed on Monday, March 30 for the Seward’s Day Holiday.