On Election Day, Tuesday, October 3, the polls will be open at 7 a.m. through 8 p.m. Election workers will greet you at the following locations:
- UAS Recreation Center, 12300 Mendenhall Loop Rd.
- Nugget Mall, 8745 Glacier Highway
- Auke Bay Ferry Terminal, 13.8 Mile Glacier Highway
- Mendenhall Valley Public Library, 3025 Dimond Park Loop
- Aldersgate United Methodist Church, 9161 Cinema Drive
- Glacier Valley Baptist Church, 3921 Mendenhall Loop Rd.
- Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church, 4212 Mendenhall Loop Rd.
- Douglas Library, 1016 Third Street
- Alaska State Library, Archives & Museum Building, 395 Whittier Ave.
- Northern Light United Church , 400 W. 11th Street
- Bartlett Regional Hospital, 3260 Hospital Drive
- Alaska Electric Light & Power (AEL&P), 5601 Tonsgard Ct.
- Juneau Fire Station, 820 Glacier Ave.
All voters are registered in one of these 13 precincts and the voter’s name will appear on that precinct’s voter list. If you don’t know your precinct, call the Alaska Division of Elections at 1-888-383-8683. However, all voters in municipal elections may cast a ballot outside of their own precinct on Election Day by casting what is called a “questioned ballot” at any one of the other 12 precincts. This can come in handy if you are having a busy day and don’t have time to get to your home precinct. All questioned ballots cast by CBJ registered voters will be counted.
If you know a voter that is home-bound and is not able to vote by any of these methods, that voter can designate you to be their personal representative, and you may pick up a ballot for them at any poll on Election Day. You will be asked to provide identification and will be given voting materials to use in assisting the voter. All voted ballots must be received back by the close of the polls (8 p.m.) on Election Day at any of the 13 precincts, or in the Clerk’s Office at City Hall.
Voters with questions are encouraged to contact the Clerk’s Office and we are happy to walk you through the voting process.
For more information, contact Laurie Sica, Municipal Clerk at 907-586-5278 or email@example.com