From: Lieutenant Krag Campbell
Case or Incident: #N/A
On 06/09/2022, the Juneau Police Department held an awards ceremony to recognize department staff members who perform their duties in a manner that exceeds the highest standards of the Department and to honor those members of the community who substantially assist the Department in an extraordinary manner. Police Chief Ed Mercer and Deputy Chief David Campbell presented the following awards and commendations;
- Citizen's Award for Bravery was awarded to Robert Partin.
- Citizen's Certificate of Merit was awarded to Jason Wilson and Kyle Brady.
- Citizen's Award for Lifesaving was awarded to Garrett Paul, Kaia Paul, Rob Worden and Todd Brocious.
- Jackie Renninger Community Policing Award was given to Community Service Officer Sarah Dolan.
- Letters of Appreciations were given to Sergeant Nick Garza and Officer Jim Quinto.
Additionally, each year the Chief of Police requests nominations from staff in four different categories of public service at JPD. The Chief reviews the nominations and awards those employees who he feels exemplify JPD’s core values. The awardees serve as role models for the agency through their hard work, self-sacrifice, professionalism, and a commitment to the residents of the City and Borough of Juneau.
- 2021 Citizen of the year - Oscar Godinez
- 2021 Dispatcher of the year - Sara Dallas
- 2021 Patrol Officer of the year - Officer Hannah Malone
- 2021 Leader of the year - Sergeant Matthew Dubois
Photos from the awards ceremony can be found on the Juneau Police Department's Facebook page
All factual allegations contained in this release are based upon preliminary investigation and are subject to change or clarification as the investigation continues. Any charges reported in this release are merely accusations and all persons named in this release are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.