Vending Permits

The Parks & Recreation Department administers a vending program for commercial and non-profit vendors for food and merchandise sales in designated park locations.

Is a vending permit or open flame permit needed?

How to apply for a Vending Permit

How to apply for an Open Flame Permit

  • Use the Permit Centers Online Permit Application
    • In the Permit Type drop down select “Other Permits”
    • In the description box list:
      • Open Flame for [your dates]
      • Equipment you’ll be using (ex: grill, fryer, sterno heat source, etc.)
      • Any other applicable information
  • Or call 586-0770 to speak with a permit technician


  • All permits are issued on a first-come, first-served basis except for Marine Park.
  • Designated locations, fee information, and insurance and DEC requirements are available upon request.
  • The Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation requires all vendors to obtain a Food Establishment Permit, and non-profit organizations are required to provide a copy of a 501(c)(3) IRS form.
  • Vendors are also required to provide a broker’s certificate of public liability insurance.
  • CBJ Fire Marshall requires an Open Flame Permit for Vendors.

Fourth of July Vending Information ~

  • Applications accepted starting June 1st, 2021
  • Application Deadline June 15th, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
  • Map of 4th of July Vending
  • Non-food Vending Map (for reference)
  • Facility Use (Parks/Trails Race) Permits

    If your group is interested in hosting a race (fun run, timed run, bicycle race/time trial, color run, etc.) in/on any CBJ Parks & Recreation managed park land, trail/trail head, or facility, you will be required to complete a Facility Use Permit application and include the required Certificate of Insurance naming the CBJ as additional insurance and all applicable endorsements. If your event will be using any form of amplified sound (live band, speaker system, etc.) you will need to complete the Amplified Sound Permit application as well.

    For more information, or to request a hard copy of any applications, please contact Parks & Recreation at 586-5226. For vending & permit questions, contact Dave Pusich at 586-5226 or

    Please submit completed permit applications to or drop it off at the Parks & Recreation main office located at 155 S. Seward St. #218.

    General Information

  • Treadwell Mine Information

    Interested in learning more about the Treadwell Mine?  Check out the Treadwell Mine Historical Trail Walking Tour Map & Historic Guide.