The City and Borough of Juneau Parks & Recreation Department is proceeding to the next phase of its reopening plan for the Dimond Park Aquatic Center next week. Starting Monday, July 13, drop-in recreation resumes; all previously made reservations will be canceled.
Effective Monday, July 13, DPAC will be open Monday, 5:30 am – 1 pm & 5:30 pm – 8 pm; Tuesday to Friday, 5:30 am – 3 pm & 5:30 pm – 8 pm; Saturday, 9 am – 6 pm; and Sunday, 12 pm – 6 pm.
Other changes include:
- Locker rooms will reopen for public use, but showers will be turned off. Patrons are to use locker rooms for changing and restroom purposes only.
- Fitness deck will reopen; allowing no more than three patrons at any given time.
- Full Lap Pool – maximum of one household per lane.
- Full Rec Pool – lane lines will remain in place of the back corner for water walking and lap swimming.
DPAC will still NOT be offering the hot tub and sauna; locker room showers; slides, spray features, and diving boards; lobby tables and chairs; open swims and fitness classes.
These COVID-19 mitigation protocols remain in place:
- Members of the public and staff are required to wear face coverings in common spaces – lobby, front desk, and restrooms. If you don’t have one, face coverings will be provided. Face coverings should not be worn by children under the age of two.
- Social distancing of at least six feet should be maintained between individuals and household groups.
- Hand sanitizer will be available upon arrival.
- No member of the public or staff displaying symptoms of COVID-19 may be present at the pool.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the facility at 586-2782 during regular business hours, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.