Search Library Catalog
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service through which you request materials that are not owned by the Joint Library Consortium. Interlibrary Loans come from other libraries around the country… and sometimes the world! Please allow a 4-6 weeks for processing and mailing.
Please check the Joint Library Consortium online catalog to find out if we already own the item you're requesting. Items at another library in Juneau do not require the ILL process.
- 5 active requests per patron.
- ILL items typically have a shorter lending period that items owned by the Joint Library Consortium and options for renewal vary.
- Requests for materials published in the current calendar year should be submitted as purchase suggestions, rather than interlibrary loan requests.
- Video games (PlayStation, Xbox, etc.) and electronic-only formats (eBooks, eAudio, etc.) are not available through interlibrary loan.
- There is no charge for ILL requests. Interlibrary loan materials are carefully tracked by library staff. In the event that requested items are not picked up by the patron requesting the items, future requests maybe be denied.
Get started searching with WorldCat, a worldwide database of library materials.
REQUESTING AN ILL
Create an account with us if you don't have an interlibrary loan account yet.
- Log in here to begin borrowing. Before you log in the first time, you will have to follow the Set/reset password link, which will send an email to the address listed on your account.
- If you do not have an email address, do not receive the password reset email, or, on resetting it and logging in, receive the message "Your account has expired", please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-586-0437 for assistance.
- Under your account's Communications Preferences, we do NOT send text message updates; this option will be removed as soon as the site allows such customization.
- Search for an item using WorldCat, click on the title for more information, then click on "Request Item." You will be taken to the old Interlibrary Loan account login page. Once you are logged in, the request form should automatically fill information from WorldCat.
- You can also use the old version of WorldCat, FirstSearch, if you prefer.
In Person at any of the Juneau Public Libraries
By phone at 907-586-0437.
- Interlibrary Loan materials show the checkout period on the barcode band attached to the item.
- Interlibrary loan materials may be renewed when permitted by lending library . Contact us at 907-586-0437 or email@example.com to request a renewal.
- The overdue fine on ILLs is calculated at the rate of $1 per item per day.
- There will be a $2 fine for lost barcode bands.